I know a lot of people don’t want to mess around with their WordPress sites for fear of breaking something. You might want to change your theme or alter the design a bit, but don’t have the coding know-how to do so. Or you’re afraid that a new plugin you add might not play well with the rest of your site.
But I know you still need a bit of help so I’m offering to tweak and fix your WordPress website for free! Yes, that’s right: no payment required, my friend.
Now, you might not want to hand over your site to just anyone. So I’m inviting you to check out my homepage to see what other sites I’ve built using WordPress. Here’s my LinkedIn and Facebook as well so you can get to know me better.
Now let’s get down to business. What are some things that you can get fixed for free? Well, I can:
- Change your theme and test it
- Add some HTML to update your site
- Tweak the site’s design
- Update the code of the admin area
- Set up backup systems
- Configure plugins
- Do some minor coding
Since my goal with this service is to help as many people as possible, let’s set up some rules.
- I’ll work on the simplest requests first. Those would be things that are easy for me to do (like tweaking some CSS or setting up a plugin) or quick to execute (like inserting a couple of lines to fix a problem I’m familiar with).
TIP: Break down your huge requests into smaller tasks. It’ll help us both, trust me.
- I’ll also prioritize working on requests that are more specific. If you explain what needs to be done, I’ll be able to work on it more easily, a win for both of us! I might set up a form for this later, but for now please be as specific as possible in your request. No “please fix my site” requests, of course.
- And also, priority goes to those who haven’t made a request before. Give chance to others, as they say. 🙂 This also means I’ll likely only process one request per person at a time.
- Yes, you’ll need to give me admin access to your site. You can use this temporary user plugin to grant me access without the need to make a new user. Security is one of my main concerns when managing websites and it should be yours, too.
To start, I’ll probably allot one day a week to work on requests, plus a few hours here and there. Fair warning though: if your request will take a lot of work, we might need to talk it over more and that might mean hiring me or someone else to do it.